Also known as: The 26th birthday wish list
Sometimes I think I’m too old to make a wish list.
Just sometimes. The other times, I know I’m not. Or if I am too old for that, then I’m just denying that fact. :P
Okay, but seriously, I thought of not making a birthday wish list for this year. I just felt that maybe, since I’ve lived for already a quarter of a century then maybe I should stop asking for things for birthdays and Christmas (and Valentine’s day). Maybe it’s time to try something else and just be surprised you know?
But then I remember: ask and you shall receive. I personally believe that is true. And
sometimes most of the time, we don’t get what we want (or need) because we don’t ask.
So in that vein, I am here to ask again. :) I’m turning 26 in ten days and if you find it in your heart to be generous to me, then I won’t stop you. In fact, here’s this year’s wish list to help. ;)
The “There’s No Harm in Asking” List
The items in this list are pretty much too expensive to get, and I will probably get it sometime later when I have saved up, but there’s no harm in writing it down. Who knows, right?
- 13â€³ MacBook Air
With the 256GB storage, please. :)
- 32GB White iPhone 4s
Yes I am giving in to this. I want an iPhone because it’s so pretty (and useful!).
- 32GB iPod Touch 4G
I know it’s too much to ask for this other than the iPhone, but if I don’t get the iPhone, I kind of want to have a new iPod touch. Primarily because my iPod is already very old and another is because I want to have Instagram. :P
- Travel vouchers.
Especially for places in my bucket list. Like I said, it won’t hurt to ask. :P
Books a.k.a. The Easiest Thing to Get Me List
Strangely enough, I don’t have a mile-long list of books that I want to get now now now. But I have a wish list on my Goodreads account! For surprise purposes, I also have a Book Depository wish list which automatically ships (for free!) to my house! Yay! But to be absolutely specific, these are the priorities in that wish list:
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (pre-order)
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (pre-order)
- Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews (pre-order)
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers (pre-order)
- Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers
- Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
- The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
- Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John (pre-order)
- Amplified by Tara Kelly
- Thx Thx Thx by Leah Dieterich
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
These aren’t on the wish list because these books are available in bookstores here already. :D *wink nudge*
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison AllenThanks, Chachic. :)
- The Treasure Map of Boys (Ruby Oliver # 3) by E. Lockhart
- Real Live Boyfriends (Ruby Oliver # 4) by E. Lockhart
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella What My Girlfriend Doesn’t Know by Sonya Sones
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Or, surprise me. Push me a book you think I’d like. I won’t mind. :)
The Other than Books List
- Snail mail. :)
A card, a post card, a simple note — I love them. Of course, this is going to be hard to surprise me with this, but the surprise is what I will get and when I will get it. <3
- This star scarf from Cache Cache
You should have seen my face when I first saw this.
- Vicki Rain Skimmers from Ready for Rain.
I know it’s still summer here, but it pays to be prepared. Iâ€™m a size 6. :P
- A black fedora.
This is really a vain thing, and I’m not a hat person really…but I tried a black fedora on one time and it looked good. So…just for vanity purposes, I want one.
- Asking for clothes when sizing is hard to follow, so gift certificates for shopping are very, very welcome. (Besides, shopping is more than half the fun, don’t you think? Hm…take me shopping instead!
Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, belts, what-have-youâ€™s. I want â€˜em. :) Preferably with stars or sunflowers.
- Tiny post-its for marking quotes in books.
My friends would be proud of me for not dog-earing the books I am reading now. Dog-earing is still faster, but I kind of like seeing my books with post-its and markers so I would remember exactly what quote I liked in a book. :) So if you give me tiny post-its for this purpose, I will really appreciate it. :)
- Pretty notebooks.
I’ve taken a liking to these Peter Pauper Press small format journals — they’re available in Book Depository too (and they’re also in my wishlist there)! I know I have a ton of notebooks at home…but well. Muji notebooks and Moleskines are accepted too. :P
- Pilot g-tec 0.4 blue or black or Muji pens (any color).
Since I’m asking for notebooks, pens should be a nice thing too. :)
- Twitter greetings from Dave Barnes. OrÂ Switchfoot. Or Ben Rector, Matt Wertz or Brooke Fraser. Or Sarah Dessen. Or Jasper Fforde. Or all, if possible. :P I don’t open Twitter now for most of the day because of Lent, but I will obviously check at one point in the day. It’s worth the try. :D (My twitter handle is @tinamats, by the way)
- Sunflowers. :)
I don’t think I have to explain this.
- Anything with stars. Or sunflowers.
Or maybe even both.Â
- Surprise visits, phone calls, text messages, coffee, dinner, simple notes, etc.
I found out early last year that my primary love languages are acts of service and quality time. So really, quality time spent with me and surprises — even if they’re really small — are the things that definitely make my day brighter. :) (So if you’re one of the people I’m meeting up with this month, then that means seeing you again feels like a birthday present in itself. :D )
Ten days! Twenty Five, you’re still quite awesome but I’m about to say goodbye. See you soon, Twenty Six!