You know what, I always associate you with sunshine and happiness.
Someone said that to me on my 27th birthday, and it was one of the nicest compliments I have ever received. I’ve always loved the sunshine (and summer), and like I said on my birthday post, I want to live up to that. I’d like to believe that I’m a naturally happy person, and I’d like to keep it that way…so it was really nice to receive this blog award from a blog friend, Toni of Wifely Steps. :)
So let’s take a break from all the serious life posts and bask in some sunshine (because the weather here is kind of bipolar lately), yes? :)
Here are the rules:
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer & let all the bloggers know theyâ€™ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts:
- I must always have a pen in my bag. I figure I should have paper, too, but I always forget, so I just bring a pen (or two) at all times.
- I used to skate. I mostly skated around the streets at home, and I had a dream of being a figure skater. I even tried playing street hockey for a while, until I got into a rollerblading accident when I was in Grade 6.
- I hate horror movies. I avoid their trailers on TV like the plague, and I would never watch one without company. The last time I watched a horror movie (Paranormal Activity 3), I couldn’t sleep for two nights.
- I have a good sense of direction (most of the time).
- I collect train maps. As in subway maps from different countries. Right now, I have a map for Madrid, Paris, London, Shanghai, New York City, Hong Kong and Singapore. :) (If you’re in a trip and you want to bring me a gift, a train map will do. It’s free. :D)
- I feel most excited when I’m on planning mode for anything with my friends. Movie nights, dinner, parties — I love planning them and making them happen. My dream is to plan an out of the country trip with my friends — from booking the tickets to planning the itinerary to actually getting there and
getting lostdiscovering new places with them.
- I am in love with New York City.Â I’ve never been there, but I really, really, really want to go there.Â My heart skips a beat whenever I see or read or watch anything related to that place. Someday, someday.
- I love my book club. â™¥
- I usually pay attention to the lyrics of the song more than the music. I’m just a terribly wordy person.
- I am currently addicted to watching Suits. Late to the party, I know.
- If I had to go somewhere that is walkable even if it is a bit far…I would walk as long as I have time. Case in point, earlier, I had to pay a bill at a bank which is on way on the other side of this major road where I work. I could’ve ridden a cab to go there, but I walked, instead. I’ve also been known to walk from the Katipunan LRT station all the way to Fully Booked/Regis Center (that’s about…er, 4 blocks away or something). Sometimes I walk home from our village gate. I just like walking.
Questions from Toni:
1. What advice would you give your 17-year-old self?
Take it easy, and stop thinking. Seriously, stop thinking. Just sit back, relax and enjoy. Trust me, this will come in handy ten years later.
2. What color makes you look extra beautiful?
I’d say yellow, because someone said that to me before (and because sunshine), but I think I look better in pink. :)
3. If you could cook only ONE dish perfectly all the time, what dish would it be and why?
I would love to make the perfect lasagna, because I tried making one last Christmas and it was too salty. Plus lasagna always reminds me of home and Christmas because my mom used to make it every year. :)
4. Do you think youâ€™ll consider cosmetic surgery in the future? Why/why not?
I don’t think so. Not only is it expensive, but because I believe in loving yourself just the way you are. Except, of course, if you need to go through some cosmetic surgery because of an accident, or for health reasons (is this possible?). But if it’s just for vanity, no.
5. Have you ever been so involved with a TV show that you cried when the season/run ended?
I’m not a huge TV buff, so I don’t really feel that invested in TV shows. Honestly, sometimes I just lose steam with what I’m watching and end up not finishing them. I did feel a lot sad whenÂ I finished the second season of Joan of Arcadia and never found out how it will end. I also feel very sad whenever I read about or watch some episodes ofÂ Firefly. Sigh.
6. Whoâ€™s a fictional character youâ€™d like to be best friends with?
7. Whatâ€™s the first thing you do upon waking up?
I’m ashamed to admit this, but I check my phone. To be fair, it’s to turn my alarm off and to check the time, since I can’t see the clock clearly from the bed without my glasses. But then I end up checking my notifications, and my email, Twitter, Facebook, etc…One day, I will get off that habit.
8. How superstitious are you?
Hardly. I don’t believe in superstitions.
9. What else would you like to achieve with your blog?
I’d honestly like to have more blogging friends. Which means I better comment and interact more. But other than that, I would like to talk/receive emails from the people who can relate to my posts. That is, if I get like, a little more readers from the handful I know. Seriously speaking, though, I would just like to inspire readers and hope they know that they’re not alone. :)
10. When faced with stress, which do you go for: Fight or Flight?
I fly…then I fight. I don’t have that fight instinct immediately — I try to gather my wits first, decide the best plan of attack and then fight. (I didn’t cheat with this answer, right?)
11. What song calms you down?
Right now it’s Audrey Assad’s You Speak. Actually, all of Audrey’s songs calm me down, so if I were to choose a non-Audrey song it will be Follow You by Ben Rector.
(Nominating friends who maintain personal blogs and book blogs, because I know more book bloggers than personal bloggers :D)
- What’s your most memorable memory for 2013 so far?
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far?
- If you can live in any city in the world for a year, where would it be? (And why?)
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- Are you a coffee drinker? How do you like your coffee?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- What is the last song you danced to?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Share a favorite quote from a book/movie/TV show/song.
- What’s the best birthday present you’ve ever received?