How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it by author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?
Since I’m still waiting for The One Bookshelf, I haven’t really found a way to store all the books in one place. Then again, I don’t think I’ll be able to store them all in one place. Haha. Anyway, I have three…wait, four…okay, five places in my room where I store my books:
- My favorite books sit in this small shelf on my desk. I have one of those classic study tables, where there’s a small shelf space inside, so I have them there. It can only carry a few of my favorite books though, and it really doesn’t fit. :P I have it arranged by author.
- The next storage space is inside my headboard. They carry the books that I haven’t really read. No specific order there though.
- The next one is a small make-shift shelf space beside my desk. That stores some of my Harry Potter books and then a small cute striped Keds shoe box that stores all my inspirational/Christian non-fiction.
- The biggest space I have is above my dresser, where there’s two rows of books (one on top of the other) and there’s more above. I know it’s hard to visualize, so I’ll just have to take a photo later when I get home. Anyway, that place stores all my old and miscellaneous book collections, mostly series — Sweet Valley, Baby-sitters Club, Animorphs. I hardly touch them now, since it’s a hassle to bring them out. Below that is a smaller shelf with the books I haven’t read yet, which I bought about two years ago.
- Finally, there’s this small bag I got from the book sale that stores all the new books I’ve bought/acquired. No order, except that there’s still books I haven’t read. :P
Imagine the mess that is my room! Haha. I can’t wait to finally have a shelf so I can put them into a proper home! When that happens, I’ll probably be storing it alphabetically by author since I’m really particular about that. It’s so much easier to look for the books when you know the authors, right? :-)
Now please, give me my book shelf. :( I hope it arrives before my birthday. *cross fingers*