I was planning to write this update at the end of the month but I realized that I may not be able to write one at that time because of my suddenly too busy schedule. Eep. So after 25 days of 2008, here’s the mandatory Big, Fun and Scary Year update for January.
For reference, here’s the Goals for 2008 list. :)
- Mission: Sydney. Well, for starters, I should write something on the blog. :P But anyway, I’ve saved up some more cash for the Sydney fund, and I’ve got another source of income to add some more. I’m due for some research for my friends who want to go with me. Oh, and I found some other people who are planning to go, and I’ve coordinated with them, so I’m just waiting for news. Ticket prices are outrageous, but my parents told me to check with travel agencies and as I’ve heard, ticket prices for July will be out by March…so we have time to save up. I still don’t know if this would really push through, but I’m still hoping it would. Next month, I promise to compile all information I can get to be ready.
- Drive on my own. Not much driving done, but I did drive when we were at Tagaytay. I managed to drive and manuever the (automatic) car successfully. Of course, there were no other cars in the road, so that made everything easier. But I think I can do this, and I’m hoping for another practice session on a Sunday. :)
- Lose weight. I had a hip-hop abs session once, and I’m hoping to get to do this more often. I have yet to visit the boxing gym. On the up side, I’m walking around a lot (especially since we always get up late so I end up commuting to work instead of being dropped off), so that makes up for the non-exercise times. I’m drinking lots of water and eating healthier now, though. I can now resist the call of chocolates. Hee. I remember having a discussion about liposuction back at work, and there really is NO way I will be doing that in my lifetime. Exercise times again!
- Book reading and reviewing challenge. I finished reading my first book in 2008, and currently reading two more books which I am almost done with. My first book review is also up. :D I should spend more time reading during my free time if I want to read this all. :) I’ve installed the Now Reading plugin to keep track of these books, and they’re in the Library.
- Shopping. I think I kind of spent a bit more than I wanted to this month, but then I realized: one can never have too many tops. Or…something like that. Heh. For this month, I got 4 tops, 2 pairs of shoes and my hair done. :) Yay. Next month I’m planning to get some pants…and probably some more accessories (like medical id tags? Nah).
- Hosting business. Much thanks to Happy and their web class, I just sold some of my space to her friends. This is where the additional Sydney funds are coming from. :D
- Prayer Time. I can say I’m starting to have a more or less constant prayer time this year (right when I get to work). I’m looking for new devotionals to read, though, and I think it’s really about time to read not only the readings for the day, but other Bible readings for study. I missed my first Wednesday mass for January, but I made it up for first Friday. :) Oh, and I just realized, Holy Monday falls on my birthday — that’s something new. :)
- Try something new. I’ve saved this one for last because there seems to be too many new things in my life right now that it’s got me overwhelmed…in a good way, of course. I got this leadership position for a project team in our account (where I would have to give a short presentation for later during our team’s GA), and as for our meeting tonight there’s a lot of things I have to do. Plus seeing I’m the first leader to go through the rotation, I have this feeling I have to set a standard for the other leaders to follow in the next quarter. Pressure much? And, I just became an elected officer for IBS Club. Good luck. This should be a pretty interesting year, yes?
Whew. I haven’t started on any of the other goals, but I think this is pretty good progress for January. :) All these things remind me of one song I used to listen to before I started a new job, Exciting Times by Across the Sky:
Things can happen so rapidly
Then again, they can take a lot of time
But I know these things are not up to me
But I’ll be ready in the mean time
Opportunity is calling out to me
I lay it all on the line…
This thing is bigger than me
And I’m just wanting to be a part of
Anything and everything You ask of me.
Listen to the song here:[audio:exciting-times.mp3]
Truly, these are exciting times. And I know I’m up for a lot of challenges ahead, which I don’t really mind though I can’t help but be nervous about it. Sometimes it feels easier to just go back and be a part of the crowd, and not do anything out of what I ordinarily do. But that’s hardly living…at least to me. So, as I always say, bring it on! God is faithful, and I know He won’t leave my side as I face all these challenges and try to reach for my goals. :)
How about you? How are you doing on your 2008 goals so far?