When the iPod touch first came out, I didn’t like it. For one thing, I was already satisfied with my current player then, and I didn’t want anything touch screen. If you knew me way back then, I didn’t like the Palm, or anything that requires me to touch its screen to control it. I’m such an OC about my gadgets that I hate having to have fingerprints all over the glossy (and pretty) surface.
I didn’t want the iPod Touch, and I thought that if ever I’d be getting another iPod, I’d get the classic or the Nano since it has so many colors.
So why the sudden change of heart when I added it in my 23rd birthday wishlist?
I saw Mae using hers during WordCamp 2008, and I was…amazed. I mean, everyone was using their own laptops to Plurk/Twit/blog/whatever, but Mae was just fiddling with her iPod Touch. Then I wondered about all the other things I could do with that, most especially writing. I read somewhere that there’s a WriteRoom application for the iPod Touch…and I can sync my iCal with that (I wonder if Notes Calendar can be synced with it? Hmmm)…and I can just imagine what else I can do with that. :))
So why do I want an iPod Touch again? Let me count the ways:
- Write anywhere. Whenever I have an idea that I just need to write, I usually use my phone. But I can only write so much in Captain Tal. I can probably even try NaNo-ing in an iPod Touch if I’m crazy enough. Plus WriteRoom!!!
- eBook Reader. I discovered the fun of ebook reading in Triskal, but imagine how hard it is to read and remember which section I last read there. Plus using the clickwheel to scroll can be tiring on the thumb! I’ve seen how ebooks are shown in the iPod Touch and I can actually read multiple ebooks with bookmarking. Oh the possibilities.
- Wider viewing pleasure. I tried watching videos in my teammate’s iPod Touch and I was amazed at how big the screen was. And so bright since it’s not composed ofÂ led light bulbs. Haha, this should be fun too.
- Internet anywhere there’s Wi-Fi. I don’t have to bring Aslan everywhere now, as I can use the iPod Touch to blog/Facebook/Plurk/Twitter. :D Portability oh yeah.
- Built in speakers. I don’t have to get speakers to play my music in my room. Of course, Aslan is there…but I don’t have to turn him on all the time to play music. :D
That’s all I could think of now. Haha suffice to say I’m excited to have one. :)) I’d like to think of it more as a productivity tool than a luxury. ;) Or it could be both. Wahaha. It’s my birthday gift. :P
So as the ever-prepared (or so I’d like to think) girl that I am, I’m lining up apps to install once I get it:
- eReader/Stanza. Still choosing between the two, but I think I’m leaning towards Stanza.
- WriteRoom. This is the only paid app that I will really pay for. I can’t not have this. This is the ultimate writing tool for me. Unless of course there’s Scrivener mobile already…Hm.
- WordPress. Self-explanatory.
- Facebook. Self-explanatory too. :P
- Twitteriffic. This, too.
Ah…all web stuff. :P I’m thinking of getting White Noise too, but it might be really a luxury since it’s not a free app. Anything else you might suggest?
Anyway, I shouldn’t get ahead of myself. But I will get an iPod Touch…sometime…soon. Haha.
I have to go and get ready for work! :D