I know this is all so sudden, but I have been planning to do this move for the longest time. I wanted to post stuff about it but whenever I do that, I end up staying where I am, so I just decided to let things die down slowly and build things back up again.
Confused? I figured. Okay, one more time.
Hello! If you’re looking for Refine Me (refineme.org)…well, you’ve come to the right place, sort of. I’m Tina, and I’ve owned refineme.org for 7 years. That’s quite a long time owning a domain and maintaining personal blog. However, these things die down, and as much as I loved owning my first domain, I figured it’s time to move on.
But being the sentimental fool that I am, I can’t just let Refine Me die a slow and painless death and leave all the things I’ve written behind. So I’ve decided to move them all into a subfolder in my (not so) new domain so they can still be accessed and read and be linked to in the future for reference. I have entries in Refine Me since 2006 (I deleted old entries right after I graduated college and lost them in The Great Laptop Crash of 2007) and this has been almost my journal since then. I can’t just bear to say goodbye to them.
So what you’re seeing now, dear visitor, is the vault of Refine Me. I’m still blogging, of course, over at tinamats.com. I know I could have just moved all these entries over to that same blog instead of having another installation of WordPress in my domain and I wouldn’t have to make this kind of welcome message, but I wanted to start fresh in that personal blog, too, so I can’t just put them in there. I could have just made refineme.org redirect to tinamats.com cleanly, but I ran into a lot of geeky problems with that and I just thought, “Screw it. I want to start fresh, so let the old URL go here and just tell the visitors where to go if they want to know about your boring life.”
SO! After that long explanation, here’s everything in bullet form in case you glazed over all that:
- If you got here by clicking a link or entering www.refineme.org in your address bar — don’t worry, you’re not lost. This is still sort of refineme.org, but just the archives.
- I won’t be updating refineme.org anymore.
- That’s because I have a sort of shiny new personal site, tinamats.com. Click!
- You may still view the entries in Refine Me if that interests you by clicking on Archives up there or the categories or the months on the right.
- But I’d really appreciate it if you hop on over to tinamats.com, update your bookmarks and links and all that. If I am not mistaken, you won’t need to re-subscribe to my feed especially if you subscribed using Feedburner. But if you lost the feed…then subscribe again? There? :)
Okay, I think I’ve said enough. So hello, welcome, and enjoy your stay. I leave you to decide where you’d go next. :)
P.S. Clicking the graphic above will lead you back to this page. Clicking the graphic below will lead you to tinamats.com. :) Just so we’re clear and all. :)