Ugh, I can’t find the Bible verse about this post just as when I need it. I know there’s got to be one about declarations in the Bible, but I can’t remember it. This is why I should read my Bible more often.
BUT ANYWAY. Hello, this is my fourth post for January 1, 2010, and I’m not quite tired yet. Which is just good because I still have another blog post and two articles to write. *sigh* No rest, no rest.
No, I’m not complaining.
So I’ve been pouring out “Yay, it’s 2010” posts in this blog just because I can, and this is the fourth one. I never had the time to do this a few weeks back because I was busy with work, workout and going out with friends, which just proved that I somehow have a life somewhere out there. Today I’ve holed myself inside the house, and it’s kind of nice to be back to this kind of routine, even just for today. That, and going out means the lingering firecracker smoke will trigger all my allergies and make me sick and I don’t want that for 2010.
But, I digress.
It’s time now to write down my 2010 goals, which I will call my 2010 Declarations. Why the name? A couple of days ago, some friends and I were chatting and we were talking about — haha don’t laugh — guys and dating. A friend said something about the topic and I agreed, and then she said, “Yes, let’s declare it.”
I have never read The Secret or anything that is related to the topic of focusing on your goals/dreams to make them come true, but I do believe in accountability and that the first step in making your dreams become reality is to write them down to where you could see it everyday. I also learned just recently that being specific and positive about your goals helps a lot too…so this year, I’m making my 2010 goals into specific, positive declarations in hopes of being able to achieve them this year. :)
So let’s start!
MY DECLARATIONS FOR 2010:
- I will drive on my own in 2010. This is probably the fourth year that this resolution/goal has been in my list every new year and this year, I am determined to do this. So help me God, I will be able to drive on my own in 2010, bring the car to work and do that before my brother’s wedding in October. So help me God. :)
- I will read 100 books. I’m surprised I got to 70 books last year, and since I got to 70 books, I think I can actually reach 100 this year. :) A little specification in this goal: 20 of these books must be fantasy, 10 must be classics. Good luck with the classics goal, but who knows, right? :)
- I will watch 50 movies. I was also surprised to have reached 44 movies last year, so I thought let’s get to 50 this year. :) It’s fun getting to watch all those movies, actually, even if not all of them are in the cinema. And 2010 seems to be a great year for cinema! :)
- I will finish my 2008 novel before June 2010. I wanted to finish this last year, but other things got in the way. This year, I’m going to go back to seriously writing my novel, at least for forty-five minutes to an hour in a day so I can have it done (and hopefully edited!) before June, in time for CreateSpace. :) But first, for this week, I need to make a mindmap of the novel. *nods*
- I will write a fantasy novel for my NaNoWriMo 2010. There’s a reason why I’ve decided to read up on fantasy novels in my reading goal. :P I’ve decided to plunge into the world of fantasy for my 2010 novel project. I have no idea what I will write about, but I’ve got 11 months to think about it.
- I will get to my ideal weight and maintain it. Since I actually managed to achieve my weight loss goal last year, this year it’s all about reaching my ideal weight and maintaining it. This means the active lifestyle has to stay, as well as my diet. :) I’ve gone this far, I don’t want to go back, ever. :)
- I will run at least 5k in a marathon this year. I avoided marathons last year just because but this year I want to try running outside — because treadmills can be boring. :P I figure I’d go easy on myself and run in 5k first (skipping 3k altogether haha), and then try to beat my personal record when I get one. And then maybe, try 10k before the year ends, but let’s see. For now, 5k. Gym friends, come on! :)
- I will bake a cake this year for my birthday. There, specific and definitely attainable. :) No excuses now. I better start looking for recipes that are good and healthy. :P
- I will sponsor another kid in World Vision. I’ve already started sponsoring a kid, and I’d like to sponsor another one sometime soon. :)
- I will get myself checked up by an OB-GYN. This is long overdue, and I figured, since I’ve been trying to live healthy since last year, let’s do everything else already. So this year, I will get myself checked up by an OB-GYN. There’s nothing to be afraid of, right? :)
As always, these are my goals, and there are resolutions. The difference? Not so sure, but here are some things I’d like to start/continue/work on in 2010:
- I will pray. I always, always put this in my resolutions because I always, always seem to not be able to do it. Hay, the challenge of faith. But I will try again this year.
- I will make new friends. Last year I think I did better in keeping in touch with friends, but I know I can do better…but this year I also want to make new friends. I love that my friends know each other now and we can all go out in one big outing, but this year I also want to get to know more people to expand my circle of friends more. :) Right? Right.
- I will be financially wiser. This year saw me both rich and poor and it was interesting. This year, I want to be able to handle my money better. I don’t know how exactly, but I will try to save more this year and use my credit card less. :P That means no plasma mounts for me this year (right, like I’d actually need one).
- I will design more, code more. I hardly designed and coded anything in 2009 and I missed it. I may not be a really good webdesigner/graphic designer, but that doesn’t mean I can’t do it, right? Time to get back to my roots. Which means, expect a new layout here soon. :P
- I will vote! I didn’t register last year for nothing. :)
- How about this? Haha, let’s see. :) Anything is possible. :)
Time to get serious! I have to put this in my planner and print out a smaller version of this or something so I can read it everyday. And I need to create my dream board!
By God’s grace, 2010 will be a better year. :)
How about you? What are your goals/resolutions for 2010? Leave a comment with them or with the link to your entry so I can hop on over to see them too. Let’s all declare what we set to accomplish in 2010.
It’s going to be awesome, y’all. :-)