Yes, that’s Harry Potter language. I’m not yet done reading, so DON’T spoil me please.
An update on what happened to Ginger’s HDD — all my files are gone, gone, gone. Hay. Well, searching my old CDs, I do have some kind of backup for my layouts and my writings but it’s last May 2006. So anything in between that and now is gone. Except for those I managed to store and email online (thank you gMail for having so much space) and for Triskal for having my videos and my songs. And Multiply for keeping some of my pictures.
I’ve been trying to make some kind of inventory of the files I have that are either retrievable somewhere, someway and those that are not…and here’s what I came up with so far:
- MP3s – that’s 12GB worth of music. Maaaan. But thank goodness, they’re pretty much replaceable since 7GB of it is in Triskal. Maybe now I can choose which mp3s to store, instead of having a hard time what to delete.
- Photos – No new pics in between the year that I did not upload in Multiply, except maybe for the graduation photos, which are so few. Hmm.
- Videos – now thank God I have these in Triskal…but I did lose my copy of Thr3e and Meet the Robinsons. Plus Joan of Arcadia Season 2 Part 1. Ohwell. Back to torrents.
- Layouts – All the layouts I’ve done for the past year are gone. That’s really, really bad. :( I don’t have a backup copy online too since I deleted them already. That’s just sad. Oh well. I guess I can still reconstruct them when I want to make them again. And make it better this time.
- Old Blog Entries – This is also quite sad. I have about two years’ worth of blog entries stored in Ginger’s MySQL database, which I already deleted online. Goodbye. :,(
- Writings – I’m trying to recall which of the things that I wrote for the past year that were saved online through gMail or whatnot…thankfully, I think I have a full copy of A Page is Turned in my gMail, but I’m not so sure about Fall Like Rain. I might have to start that from scratch (hay), but then I do want to make some changes there, so I guess this is where I should start.
- Chats – Oh well, not such a big loss. I guess.
- Resume – in gMail, retrievable.
- Audiobooks – Oh well. :( Retrievable somewhere, I guess.
That’s all I could think of for now. Jomar put it nicely: refreshingly shocking. Yeah, it is. And a bit freeing too. I don’t know what else I lost, but I bet it will hit me in a few days but I’m ready. So I guess that’s okay.
Right now I don’t want to tinker with it yet because I want to install Service Pack 2 first before connecting online and installing anything else, so I guess Ginger will be quiet until Monday night, when I get home and do the recovery thingie.
Sooo. Back to Harry Potter 7, I guess. I’ll survive.
And yes, I will buy that external HDD. As soon as I get paid. Any suggestions what to get? How much is an external laptop HDD? The 80GB one? Or even 160GB? Is it more than 5k? Or should I just get a normal HDD instead?
No mourning for me, promise. But please do help me let go. Time to start over.
9 thoughts on “Stupefied”
Wow! You got the 7th Book! I haven’t got a copy :( I’m broke nowadays. Hahaha I guess you have to finish the book in one sitting so one could spoil you anymore.
I have an 80G HDD that is worth 4K, but I don’t know where my father bought it eh… if you want I can ask him where, but I believe it’s somewhere in Caloocan ’cause that’s where he is working right now hehe but I think you can find one in Greenhills too if you think Caloocan’s too far :P
the HD that I was talking about nga pala is external hehe
Buy a HDD for laptops and then just buy an enclosure. It’s cheaper than external HDDs for desktops plus you can even carry it around. :) I have one a 120GB Samsung HDD, bought it for Php4500 at a computer store beside PC Express/Corner in Glorietta. The HDD enclosure’s free by the way. :)
Jeric: Book 7 was…awesome. :) That’s all I’m going to say.
Mae: Haha, layo nga ng Caloocan. =)) Sa Gilmore daw pinakamura. Hehe.
Raych: Talaga, ang mura naman nun! Kelan ka bumili nung HDD mo? I have a friend who bought a laptop HDD with Vaio enclosure, 80GB, 5K na. Mahanap nga yan. :P
Comments are closed.