It’s two and a half weeks before NaNoWriMo 2006 starts, and to be honest, I haven’t done much preparing. ^^; So to practice and to provide something intresting for this week’s Thursday Thirteen…here’s…
Thirteen Things about my NaNoWriMo 2006 Main Character
- My main character’s name is Anna Rain De Castro. She uses the nickname Rain because there were five other Anna/Ana’s in her old school and someone else already claimed use for it.
- She was named Rain because her mother likes rain and she was born on an unusually rainy April day. Ironically though, she doesn’t like rain — she thinks it makes the day sad.
- Rain is a 24-year-old systems analyst/programmer/technical writer for a business process outsourcing company in Makati City, the business center of the Philippines (comparable to NYC in the US :D). She’s on call 24/7, in case some of the systems they implemented for their clients go down.
- She lives with her older brother in a condominium in Ortigas (the next business/mall district in the Philippines), near her brother’s workplace. Rain’s parents moved to the US after she graduated from college. Their family is pretty well-to-do, which is why Rain basically grew up getting what she wants.
- Rain is a neat freak, coming close to slightly obssessive-compulsive and is very much of a control freak in her own life. She doesn’t like it if things suddenly get thrown off her schedule. Consequently, this attitude of hers shows in her love to bake, where things are pretty much controlled.
- Rain is a devout Catholic, with a strict 6:00am prayer time. She has a fixed routine for her quiet time: listen to at least three worship songs, read the Bible and her devotionals and then pray silently. During Saturdays, she does her own morning worship by singing along the songs. She also has a “song for the day”, which basically speaks of God’s message for her that day.
- Rain’s is really close to her older brother RJ and his oldest best friend, Raymond. Her other best friends are Meah, who went to the US for graduate school; Faith, who became a full time missionary for their singles group and was on mission for 2 years somewhere in South America; and Mark, her only other male best friend who semi-disappeared from her life when he got a girlfriend.
- Rain likes long drives (alone or with someone) in her red Honda City she named Betty.
- Rain’s favorite comfort foods are vanilla ice cream with bananas and Nutella, toasted wheat bread with thick cream cheese spread.
- Rain dislikes mainstream and secular music, for she only listens to Contemporary Christian/Christian Alternative/Christian Rock and Praise/Worship songs.
- Rain is not close to her cousins unlike her older brother, because she was too immersed with her work to socialize with them during family gatherings. Whenever she is free, she usually ends up resting or sleeping or just silent on the corner, observing people around her.
- Rain likes her work, but she also wishes to be a magazine editor, a web designer and even a manager for a band.
- And finally…Rain is a not so proud member of the No Boyfriend Since Birth club. She doesn’t mind, really, until lately, of course. :P
Note that these are still quite rough, and I’m still in the process of creating Rain’s personality and character. :) If you have any suggestions, I’d like to hear them. :D
And for the record, although Rain has some of my characteristics…she’s not me. :P Haha. I made sure of that. :)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
7 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen # 10: NaNoWriMo 06 MC”
Rain sounds cool..Neat post..thanks for sharing today
Okay, TOTALLY cool idea! I’m stealing that for next week, if that’s all right.
Good luck with NaNo! (If you want to be a part of the collective word count at Write Stuff, email me!)
Good luck with this! I always admire writiers!
Sounds like a great premise! Good luck with that! I did Nanowrimo in 2003 and the novel I wrote after that Ninja will actually be published this coming January!
Good luck with NaNo!
Comments are closed.