Now I’m back to Thursday Thirteen. And this week is payday week! :) Yay! I got my first pay slip earlier and it’s not that much, but still! It’s not exactly my first salary ever, but it’s my first salary in my first job so it’s a big thing. :P So I’ll be materialistic (kinda) this week. :P
Thirteen Things I Will (Most Probably) Buy/Save For With My Salary:
- A birthday gift for my brother. He’s turning 24 on the 22nd of September and this is probably the first time I’ll be giving him a gift that came from my own money. :) I already asked him what he wanted and he told me (Folded and Hung slippers), and I told him he should come with me so I can get the right size for him. I’m thrilled to actually be able to buy him a gift. :D
- A birthday gift for my dad. I have no idea how I can give it to him though, because he’ll probably be in Saipan that time. Hmm. But I want to buy him a gift still (and of course he’ll see this because he reads my blog. Haha!). Funny, because it’s actually my dad’s birthday on his birth certificate today, but his birthday really is at the 18th of October. Something with his birth certificate and registration that’s why he has another birthday. We usually celebrate the 18th one. To think I actually really thought that my dad was born twice.
- A birthday gift for my mom. My mom is celebrating her birthday on the 20th of November, and I haven’t gotten him anything EVER. Now that I’m earning, I really want to treat her to something. She’s been wanting to be treated at a spa for so long and I might just get her a free body scrub and massage or something. :)
- Apple iPod USB Cable. My iPod USB cable’s gone kaput. :( I don’t know where it went, but it’s gone. :( Sad. I know I used it last May when I reformatted Ginger but now I can’t find it. Oh well. I think it costs around Php1000 (USD 20). Ouch.
- New eyeglasses. My eyeglasses has been calling to be changed since last year, or something. I want dark-framed squarish shaped ones because I like the way I look there. :P Haha. Intellectual but not that old-looking, like what my glasses do to me now.
- iPod mini Belkin leather case (pink or white) or an iPod mini iSee. My brother kept on teasing me about how I keep on breaking our iPods. While whatever iPod is in his possession always looks so pristine while using it (and he doesn’t have any other case except the iPod silicon on the 40GB iPod), while I end up scratching whatever I have with me. My earphones always conk out first and in fact, my iPod min has been replaced twice already. Talk about making use of my warranty a lot. :P Haha. An iPod case would surely help me take care of this toy better. :P
- Come to think of it, I want the new iPod Nano. The pink one. It is just like my iPod mini though, only thinner and colored. I wonder if Apple will release a pink iPod Nano with 8GB capacity? I hope so. :) 4GB is getting too small for me, really.
- Faber Castell 24 colored pencils. Haha! I always found these brand of colored pencils so expensive, but I’ve always wanted to own a set. :) I love, love, love colored pencils! I love to color things with them because they color just right. :D Haha, pretty soon, I’ll get myself a set just to indulge myself. :) Where will I use this? Planner designs, of course. You can never go wrong with colored pencils. :P
- Books. Of course. I still have about 5 unread books at home, but I never denied myself of having an addition to the list. Once paperback versions of Charmed Thirds (Megan McCafferty), Out of Egypt (Anne Rice) and The Fourth Bear (Jasper Fforde) comes out, I’ll get myself copies of that. And those other books that are in my to buy list and those that people would recommend. Haha, I’m such a bookaholic. I think it’s because when I was a kid, I was only supposed to have one book a month. Now that I’m older, I think I’m going to let myself indulge in that once in a while.
- And in addition to #9…I think I’ll buy myself a better bookshelf. To fit all my favorite books. Now if only I could fit that in my room…
- Give my first contribution to our parish and for Gawad Kalinga. I have to admit that I’ve been contributing to GK for a long time already, but it’s always with my parents’ money (i.e. something I asked from them, or my allowance). This time it’s coming from me and I want to be able to contribute to our family’s GK fund. And to our parish. And to SFC too. It wouldn’t hurt to give and help a bit. :)
- Gifts and a Jollibee trip for my GK kids. I haven’t been to any Gawad Kalinga site for so long already, and I really, really want to be able to visit them again soon! I owe my GK kids in Baseco a birthday treat and gifts for her birthday last May. I better to get them ready for a big treat since I’ve been absent for so long! Christmas, you think?
- Last, but not the least…CHRISTMAS GIFTS! :) I need to save up enough money if I want to buy my family and friends Christmas gifts. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but I really want to get them something really nice this year, since it’s my first Christmas with a job. Even if they’re just simple tokens and all. I’ve always meant to give gifts for Christmas but things don’t work out as much as I want to. This should be fun! :)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!