Tonight is my first night shift day (ergh?) at work, and the long weekend has caused me to be so overwhelmed at all the tasks I have at hand, it’s crazy. Gah. I have five more things on my to-do list, two of which are important, while the others are not so important. I have around 5-6 hours to do everything there before I go home. I can do this…if only I have enough sleep. Pfft. Who’s up for coffee later?
Anyway, the hangover is brought to you by none other than Singapore. I arrived earlier today, and I’m missing the place. It’s not like the Philippines, but it’s definitely nice. The places are so clean, it’s easy to get around and gadgets are so cheap! :) I really wouldn’t mind going back there. :D
So before I go off on a coffee break, here are some highlights of the trip. A more detailed and photo-filled post to follow. :)
- Singapore’s cost of living is quite high, but the gadgets are cheap. Okay, not that cheap, but cheap enough for one to save almost 10k+ on an expensive gadget…like, say a MacBook or a dSLR. ;)
- I can go anywhere as long as I know where the MRT is. Hah. I did the same thing in Thailand. I rule transportations! Does this mean I’d survive in NYC too? :)
- I love Ikea. :) It is kind of far from where we stayed, but I love it. I bought Happy some frames there as per her request, bought some of those for my own, and even got some pet supplies for Batman, our dog. Coolness.
- Other than Ikea, I love Suntec. :) More to follow on the next post.
- There are three kinds of Merlion in Singapore: the Father, the Mother (well I think) and the Baby. :P
- The food isn’t that spectacular, but it’s okay.
- Chinatown beats Quiapo in any dSLR stuff. ;)
I shall stop there because my brain refuses to cooperate unless I give it caffeine. Hah. I’ll get used to the night shift…soon. I hope.
Starbucks, anyone? Just for now? :D