I’m noticing a pattern in the past few days.
- One friend is now happily in a relationship
- One friend is nursing a broken heart
- Another friend found out something not so nice about the guy she’s dating
Today, I found out:
- A friend gave birth to her first baby last weekend
- A friend’s dad passed away yesterday
Talk about polar opposites. And all during the Christmas season.
Things like this baffle me. Sometimes I wish there was something we can do to stop bad things from happening at this time of the year, because let’s face it: who wants to experience death and broken hearts at this time of the year when people are supposed to celebrate? Can’t it be in any other time of the year?
But who wants to welcome bad things at any other time of the year, though?
And…how can we appreciate the good if it not for the bad?
Life and death. Happiness and sadness. All together in one cycle…does this mean one cannot be there without the other?
Ah well. Thoughts all over the place again. Sometimes I want to contain them all in a metal building, just so they won’t run all over the place in the middle of the work week.
Forgive me for this word vomit. I’ll try to post something more coherent next time.