You know what, I always associate you with sunshine and happiness.
Someone said that to me on my 27th birthday, and it was one of the nicest compliments I have ever received. I’ve always loved the sunshine (and summer), and like I said on my birthday post, I want to live up to that. I’d like to believe that I’m a naturally happy person, and I’d like to keep it that way…so it was really nice to receive this blog award from a blog friend, Toni of Wifely Steps. :)
So let’s take a break from all the serious life posts and bask in some sunshine (because the weather here is kind of bipolar lately), yes? :)
Here are the rules:
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts:
- I must always have a pen in my bag. I figure I should have paper, too, but I always forget, so I just bring a pen (or two) at all times.
- I used to skate. I mostly skated around the streets at home, and I had a dream of being a figure skater. I even tried playing street hockey for a while, until I got into a rollerblading accident when I was in Grade 6.
- I hate horror movies. I avoid their trailers on TV like the plague, and I would never watch one without company. The last time I watched a horror movie (Paranormal Activity 3), I couldn’t sleep for two nights.
- I have a good sense of direction (most of the time).
- I collect train maps. As in subway maps from different countries. Right now, I have a map for Madrid, Paris, London, Shanghai, New York City, Hong Kong and Singapore. :) (If you’re in a trip and you want to bring me a gift, a train map will do. It’s free. :D)
- I feel most excited when I’m on planning mode for anything with my friends. Movie nights, dinner, parties — I love planning them and making them happen. My dream is to plan an out of the country trip with my friends — from booking the tickets to planning the itinerary to actually getting there and
getting lostdiscovering new places with them.
- I am in love with New York City. I’ve never been there, but I really, really, really want to go there. My heart skips a beat whenever I see or read or watch anything related to that place. Someday, someday.
- I love my book club. ♥
- I usually pay attention to the lyrics of the song more than the music. I’m just a terribly wordy person.
- I am currently addicted to watching Suits. Late to the party, I know.
- If I had to go somewhere that is walkable even if it is a bit far…I would walk as long as I have time. Case in point, earlier, I had to pay a bill at a bank which is on way on the other side of this major road where I work. I could’ve ridden a cab to go there, but I walked, instead. I’ve also been known to walk from the Katipunan LRT station all the way to Fully Booked/Regis Center (that’s about…er, 4 blocks away or something). Sometimes I walk home from our village gate. I just like walking.