I really planned to do something special today, just because it’s 09/09/09…but I can’t find anything special in my day at all. Except maybe taking another route on the way to work. Or eating at Jollibee again after…what, a month and a half? Or…hiding another CD of Switchfoot’s Mess of Me (more on this tomorrow :D).
These days are what digital cameras are made for, you know to document the days. But if there’s nothing special happening on that day…what do you do?
Ho-hum. This Tina, whattabore.
I swear, 10-10-10 will be different.
But anyway. In the spirit of it being 09-09-09, here are 9 things that…well…just 9 things:
- Noynoy to run for president in 2010. This is something I kind of expected already (even if something inside of me is wishing he’d say no…just so it would be more interesting, I guess). I’ll reserve whatever opinions I have for another post. I’m not always apathetic, you know. Which reminds me, I still plan to write more about my being a registered voter.
- I Has A Hotdog and friends declared this day as “A Day Without Cats“. I Can Has Cheezburger is not hearing of it though. ;) I’m more of a cat person, really, but I’d choose another path today and go for…foxes. Sorry, this image is just too hilarious not to share:
- The salad I’m supposed to have for dinner is wilting, I think. I’ve switched to eating salads for dinner because I tend to eat a lot at dinner, and my nutritionist advised me to focus on veggies and fruits for my last meal of the day. I’ve done good so far…I think. I’ll know my results tomorrow. Hopefully, I’ll break the 10-lbs weight loss goal by tomorrow. Wish me luck. :)I should eat this salad now, I think.
- This is probably the funniest discovery for the day: The Drama Button. We’ve been playing this randomly for the day — what a way to spice up conversations. :P
- Bethany Dillon, one of my favorite female singers, released a new album today! It’s been a while since her Waking Up album, and I can’t wait to hear what she has for this one. Another album I’m looking forward to being released this month is Paramore‘s Brand New Eyes. I’m in dire need of new music. It’s been a while since I loaded some new songs in my iPod. What albums are you waiting for to be released now? Any recommendations? :)
- Speaking of songs…here’s a song suggestion from my friend Cors. Talk about complimenting my waiting posts. Hah.
Lyrics here. But, I will choose to not feel sorry for myself, even if I can relate to the song. In God’s perfect time. Amen.
- Speaking of hope, and something like that…here’s a happy little image from icanread. :) It is a happy thought, don’t you think?
- I just remembered, there’s something else to look forward to during September: Manila International Book Fair! Wohoo! Bookworm’s dreams! Strangely enough, I don’t really have any to-buy books. I’m just planning to go to MIBF this year to scout stuff and see if I can get good deals on some books that I don’t really have to have. Did that make sense? Anyway, while we’re at it…any book recommendations? :) Post away!
- Wow, we’re at the ninth item. I didn’t know it was that hard to think of 9 things. :P Since it’s been raining so much lately, here’s a little quote for everyone — I heard it from Lifeteen.com‘s Sunday Sunday Sunday podcast (which you should subscribe to, because it’s awesome :D):
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s learning how to dance in the rain.
And…that’s nine things. :) There’s only two hours of 09/09/09 left in the Philippines, but I know other parts of the world are just starting their 09/09/09. Wherever you are, I hope you had an interesting one. :)