I was supposed to make a post about slowing down, about the weekend (long weekend ahoy!), but then I developed a sudden case of ADD, and suddenly I was thinking of something totally different from what I originally was thinking, and I’m suddenly all hyped up and excited and nervous because there’s so little time left and there’s so many things to do…and…this is such a long sentence, are you tired of reading it yet?
Okay. Calm down, Tina. *breathe*
Did you know that the first paragraph contains 82 words?
ANYWAY. Focus, Tina. Focus.
So what’s making me all giddy and nervous and rushed and all that all of a sudden?
One word: NaNoWriMo.
Or, four words, to make it longer: National Novel Writing Month.
And as of today, there’s only 57 days left before NaNoWriMo 2009!
Suffice to say I’m suddenly all hyped up about this year’s NaNoWriMo. It’s my sixth year joining (and my fifth year to win), and Look at the cool 2009 badge there. I’ve also been getting emails from the NaNoWriMo headquarters, and I’ve been seeing their preparations for this year…and who wouldn’t be excited???
I’m doubly psyched this year because it’s the 5th year of NaNoWriMo Philippines, and I want this year to be slightly bigger than last year’s. Last year’s results were already extraordinary, but this year, I want it to be better. Like, you know, have 100 winners for the region, or something. I don’t know if I can start planning bigger events this year, but I’m hoping to be able to have memorable events for this year, enough to make the newbies return and do the craziness again come 2010. :)
The entire thing is making me panic just slightly, though. So many things to do, so little time! I love being a Municipal Liaison, but sometimes I wonder if I can do everything on my own, you know?
I know I can’t. So I better send out an email soon to ask for support, both moral and financial. And start enlisting people who might want to help for events, start making graphics, start making…so many things! See who’s excited/nervous/rushed?
(It may just be the brownie I ate earlier, soooo….)
Here are some spoilers of the things running inside my head for events/things/stuff for NaNoWriMo Philippines for 2009 (none of them confirmed yet, some are just ideas):
- Mascot making contest! We need a mascot, seriously. :) But I must figure out what prizes to give here. Any suggestions? Donations are also very welcome. :P
- Revamp Pinoywrimos.com. Yeah, the website needs a revamp. Let’s see if I can get my design skills cracking again. Unless someone else can offer a design for free?
- More “media” coverage. Nothing like full-blown TV/radio stuff, but you know, just more popularity. Seriously, we need more exposure for these wonderful novelists! A blog tour, perhaps?
- Kick-off party! Yes, another one! I’m thinking of hitting CBTL again, since it’s a writer favorite, but I wonder if we will fit! Last year we conquered the back half of CBTL in Galleria, and I’m expecting more people this year!
- Ate/Kuya program. NaNoWriMo as a whole has an unofficial mentoring program, so we’ll be launching a localized one. :D More details to follow!
- More pep talks from known writers. Yeah, I know most of the Wrimos are getting tired of my words in the emails. So…I say we find more writers and inspiring people to write pep talks, right?
- Plot Emergency Devices! I don’t think I can come up with a survival kit this year (sorry, my pockets aren’t that deep), but there will be more plot emergency devices this year to help you with those tricky plot holes. ;)
- Write-Ins! We loved the write-ins last year, really. :D We’ll be having a mid-month write-in, as well as mini-write ins for other people who want to write together in certain areas. :)
- Word wars! I know a lot of people who got to 50k because of the word wars, so we’ll definitely keep this going.
- TGIO! I’m still hoping for a TGIO as grand as last year’s, but if not, we can always make do…right? A dinner/pizza day should be good too.
- PinoyWrimo Awards. More awards? Of course!
So many things happening, so little time! At least, I feel like it. Gosh, I hope there’s enough time to plan all this into fruition. :)
Wow, what a big word. Fruition.
Anyway, if you want to help us on any part of NaNoWriMo 2009, you’re very welcome! And it will be very, very appreciated! The Pinoywrimos will thank you, and who knows, your contribution might just be one of the things that push them to 50,000 words and eventually, a published novel. That’s like, awesome points. ;)
But seriously, if you want to help, drop me a line. Or leave a comment, then I’ll email you. :)
OMG 57 DAYS LEFT!!! Excuse me while I panic spazz a bit more.
If you’re joining NaNoWriMo 2009, leave a comment so we can spazz together. If you’re thinking about joining, well, leave a comment too, so I can convince you to join! Let’s get the NaNoWriMo fever going! :)
…And did I mention that I have no plot yet?