I’ve been out all day and I am so tired. I woke up early to hear the mass with my family, then met up with Happy so we could go fetch Tuesday from the airport. Then we went to Tuesday’s house for lunch, and we looked at all the stuff she brought home from her vacation (thank you for the funky notebooks and the Ikea container :D), and hung out at their place all afternoon to laugh at her sleepiness, oooh and ahh with all the random trinkets she brought home as she unpacked her luggage sets and read. On the way home, Happy and I stopped over at Bonifacio High Street to check out the iSkin that Happy is buying for Tuesday. Happy and I then had dinner at Binalot, then went to Krispy Kreme in time for their hot light and bought half a dozen doughnuts each, and then went home. Now I’m home, finished watching CSI:NY’s latest episode and I’m hitting the sack in a few minutes since it’s back to work tomorrow (and again, I’ve said this a million times: I love how I’m not dreading Mondays anymore :D). What a loooong day, and it was fun (though it’s funny how we were all lazy to take photos — so much for documenting these stuff ^^; ), and I love spending it with my girls. :)
Before I finally go to dreamland, let me write a few things from the top of my head which I shall probably write about sometime soon and am writing here because I am simply too tired to write them down on my offline journal:
- I’m not much of a Krispy Kreme fan because it’s too sweet, too expensive and too far away for me to get some, but when I got the free, freshly baked one earlier, I was…blown away. Yes, I’ve never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut that is hot like that. Heh. Yummeh. =P~ I now have half a dozen of it to share with my family. :)
- I’ll be taking a day off from work on Tuesday to spend with la familia. I hear we’re going to Tagaytay, which means (late) lunch at Josephine’s, and I’m thinking of sharing some part of the bill if we do eat there. And take lots and lots and lots of photos. :)
- As much as hanging out with these two girls is always the highlight of my week/month, I can’t help but feel sad about something about someone. I feel like I’m losing a friend. A little effort is all I ask, is that so hard? Hay.
- It feels weird typing on Aslan with a keyboard protector. Plus it still looks like my keyboard is kind of greasy. I should get a new microfiber cloth and clean Aslan.
- I read an old friend’s blog a little earlier and it makes me feel sad that there’s a lot of things I don’t know about her anymore. Well, maybe I’m just not updated. She just feels so…faraway. And I miss her. Hmm.
- Ugly Betty Season 1-2! Yay! Can anyone lend me House, please?
- If I want to finish 50 books this year, I better finish the two books I’ve started..like soon. And post a progress bar here so you guys can bug me about it.
- I really should sleep.
Rest well, everyone. :)
I realized lately that working in a telecommunications company wipes out the fun for me about anything related to mobile technology. For example, last Friday, I was holding SIM cards and cellphone load all day to prepare for this User Acceptance Testing I was conducting. A few months ago, I would’ve been really amazed at the amount of credits and SIM cards I was holding then…but at the end of the day last Friday, I was sick of it. Being the one who goes through the UAT of the promos we have, by the time the promo comes out in the market, I have no intention of taking advantage of anymore because I have used it a lot of times before it was released and I know every bug I’ve encountered that other people might see too.
Or like one of my officemates, who holds different kinds of cellphones everyday to test. She gets to see and hold and play with the latest Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung and Motorola handsets, and she can tell you which phone is the best to suit your lifestyle. But when we talk, she tells me she’s tired of seeing all those phones because they’re all the same and there’s always something missing with the new unit. Being around new cellphones everday wiped out the amazement and wonder she used to get whenever a new unit comes out.
Hay, this is the work life, I guess.
I’ve made up my mind to go on gimmicks every weekend as this year started, and so far, I’ve been doing just so. Last year, I preferred staying at home during the weekends so I could rest, but I end up bumming around all day. For the past month, I’ve managed to go out every weekend and not be a party pooper. :P
Continue reading Word overflow on a weekend
You always say this when we’re on our “I’m so glad I have you as a friend moments” after big YFC events where we all end up losing sleep over the talks, crying moments and worship: Words can’t express. I know that’s a big thing for you since you’re talkative like me. So now, as you turn a year older, I’ll bring it back to you: words can’t express. Words can’t express how much you mean to me as a friend and sister.
I’ve known you for more almost three years but only got to know you last year, and I really and truly believe that it is God’s will for me to go through all those things for me to get to know the real you. You’re one of the reasons why I finally decided to take the leap and follow Him whatever happens. Because of you, I learned how to pray better, to be a better sister and friend, to offer every aspect of my life as a service to God, and that whatever the trial I’m facing, I know I can get through it because you (and a lot of other people) love me and assure me that God will take me through it.
I’ve always wanted to have a sister, and God has given you to me so I may be able to feel that. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUESDAY! I pray that you will always be the woman after God’s own heart, the Tuesday that we all know and love. Thank you for everything. :) Many more birthdays, blessings and years of friendship for us to come. â™¥ Sister to sister, yours in life and death. :-* >:D<